December 10, 2012

Right Place, Right Time

Photobucket
Sometimes, when I go looking for nature in parks and gardens, I feel a strange sort of frustration: the leaves have not changed color yet, or the flowers are not yet in bloom. It's as if being in the city has made me so accustomed to obtaining what I want when I want it...to the point where I expect nature to be able to do the same.

Photobucket
Fortunately, nature follows its own rhythm. The other weekend, I was walking around Hibiya at 15:30 in the afternoon, just as the sun was beginning its descent. The foliage (which had taken a couple weeks longer than I thought it would to turn into that perfect combination of colors) was beautiful, and the sun hit the trees from the side, lighting them perfectly. 

Photobucket
Predictably, the park was filled with people wielding their cell phone cameras.

Photobucket
 If there are stray cats around, it must be a Japanese park.

Photobucket 
 

Photobucket 
Foolishly, I assumed I would be able to experience the same beauty the next day as well, but the sun didn't even come out.

No comments: