October 2, 2012

Bixi Biking in Montreal

After visiting Magog and Fitch Bay, I had about 12 hours in Montreal before catching my flight back to Japan. The last time I was here, it was winter 2010, and before that, the Bixi system had not yet been introduced.

Went straight downtown, where the bike lanes have been clearly delineated. I'd never noticed just how beautiful the Gazette building is.


Littered keyboard on St. Catherine Street. It's like when I found a smashed globe: now why would you go and do that?



Near Place-des-Arts station.

I envy this kind of generous use of city space, which Tokyo cannot really afford.

Blurry shot atop the Bixi.

1 comment:

Vivian said...

I love your blog!!! I also live in Tokyo, and I'm from Montreal, so I can relate so much!!!
This is my blog:
http://www.vivianlostinseoul.blogspot.jp/

You posted gorgeous photos of my hometown, makes me miss it!